CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Hot Windy Day made the Bell Ring Ding Ding

Waking up this morning to a kiss from Bob who wanted to go out and work on taking nails out of wood to burn in our fire place, I decided to snuggle back into bed for a nap. The wind was blowing hard outside and the temp. in the house was up; no not from the furnace, :o)

I slept for another hour and got up and made some yummy muffins for Bob and I to share with some cups of coffee. We were debating what to do and then I got on the phone with my mom and she wanted to come over and help metal detect. My cousin came over for a visit/give advice on some house things and finally after a while Mom and I started to detect -- we went back to the house ruins on the property.

Nail after nail after nail came up. The ground gave me "crappy" noises as I like to call it. Sweep one way and get a good signal, sweep again, nothing and then again nothing. Blah

We moved to the backyard under a tree and I got an overload sound. Mom started to dig and this is what we found:



Not sure what sort of bell it is, it was caked full of dirt, so I have it soaking now.
The items our yard has so far produced (that we feel are worth speaking about is) The Dress Clip, x2 1951 Pennies, an Army Service Button from the 1930's and a Spoon and now this bell. The rest of the items we have found basically melted metal, nails, screws, and unknown crap metal. Still hoping to find a 1800's coin as the property was first used in the 1800's -- we're currently doing research.
FINGERS CROSSED we are going out with Steve & Nadine (and Mom if she comes) to another location that Steve & Nadine obtained permission to detect on.
Woo, hear thunder, here comes the second wave of the storm, better turn the computer off. ;o)

0 comments: