CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Our Once of Year Hunt of the Swimming Hole 08-23-2010

Well, it was that time of year again to take a day off work and head for a familiar swimming hole which brought us a lot of luck in the past. Last year, not so much since it was a cold and rainy summer. This year looked promising as we had a lot of hot days, surely it would pay off.

We got there nice and early, not another soul around. We quickly got started and a spot which normally paid off for us revealed NOTHING. Strange. We kept going along and nothing........... oh oh, I think someone else has been here before us. Finally, a nice sound coming through the headphones. We found a broken pair of sunglasses, bummer.

We kept going, found a penny here, a penny there.

Disappointing. As Bob went into deeper water I tought I'd play in the shallower water with the pinpointer. It started going off, it revealed a funky old earring full of stones. Bob called me over to him in deep water I couldn't stand in. Since he is over 6 feet tall, I just would swim down and do my digging while hanging on to his leg. We make a good team. The one hole produced a lot of change - nice!!

It started to get cold and after 2 hours Bob had to bail. I wanted to go over our hunt zone again and glad I did. I found a beatiful steel cross with a stone the middle.



So our final count was:

1 Steel Cross
1 small key
2 earrings (one hoop and one with stones)
1 pair of broken sunglasses (not shown)
$4.98 in change




0 comments: