CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 5, 2007

Early Sunday


We decided to get up after 6am and hit the beach again before the swimmers got out. Unfortunately we didn't get there before the metal detectors wake up. There was already one in the water and one on the beach. Undaunted we search but Mary found nothing and I only found scrap metal. There was a secret beach we had just heard about so we headed over there. I found lots of scrap metal but Mary found nothing again. I guess scanning beaches isn't paying off for us quite yet.

Earlier in the week we had dinner with some friends. Colin and Sherry knew how much Mary wanted to find a high school football ring so Colin slipped me a ring under the table telling me to surprise Mary with it. Mary knows Colin gave me something or said something to me but neither one of us would reveal what had transpired.
We went to a couple nearby schools. I was detecting and Mary was taunting me that I had to beat her record from yesterday. While she was playing on the swing set I slipped the high school ring in a hole and told her I was tired and for her to detect for a bit. When she found the ring she was so excited but I had to tell her the truth of where it came from.

As she helped me detect we found: 1 Loonie, 3 quarters, 6 dimes, 3 nickles, and 25 pennies giving me a total of $3.75. O.k. I didn't quite beat her total.
I have retired the old mason Jar and have started a new jar for the coins we have found in August. Our new Mason Jar Total (MJT) is $11.51

1 comments:

Mary and Bob said...

What a day!!!
Looking forward to our next adventure out and about. Thanks for the "surprise" but telling me all aobut it. :o) I'm sure we'll find a ring ourselves one day eh? :o)