CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 25, 2008

The Black Donnellys

Mary and I wanted a weekend away so we took a trip to Lucan, Ontario to visit the Donnelly Homestead and take the historical tour.

http://www.donnellys.com/

We arrived in town early so decided to tour the cemetery where the family is buried. In the gateway we found a penny and a nickel laying on top.
Six.
Mary's favorite number.

We made our way to the tombstone to find it decorated with melted candles, flowers and coins. It is said that if you place a coin on the the Donnelly tombstone and make a wish the spirits of the family will grant it for you. Six cents - easy come/easy go. I gave Mary the nickel and I used the penny and we both quietly made a wishes.
After we finished looking around we exited the cemetery to find another penny and nickel in the gateway of the cemetery.

We had more time to kill so we decided to explore the countryside and do some Geocaching. As we walked through the forest Mary started talking about the wishes and whenthey might come true.
"Crap!" I said, "I think mine already did"
"What did you wish for?" She asked.
I explained that with the wedding coming up, we have been spending a lot of money. I am hoping that the wedding gifts will offset the costs.
I wished that the money we give away we will receive back. All that is what happened with the 6 cents I gave away I received back again.

Mary wished to win the lottery.
We are still waiting for that to happen.

0 comments: