CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, July 21, 2007

The fishes and the bent penny

I fell asleep of the couch after dinner.

Mary woke me and said she had just thought of a great place to metal detect.
I got on my shoes and we were off.
She proposed a spot by a creek at an abandoned bridge that went nowhere.

But when we got there the water was jumping with fish, so instead of pulling out the metal detector, we grabbed the fishing rods. We had numerous bites and a couple that got off the hook before we landed them. I was able to pull in two bass.

Mary briefly scanned the area but found nothing. So we packed up the gear and headed back.

We past a public school with two playgrounds so we stopped to scan them. In the first gravel playground we only found a bent penny. (not a very good sign)
We were crossing a big field to get to the second playground when the detector went off again, and again, and again in the middle of nowhere.

We dug up all the hits and found a Toonie($2), a loonie($1), a quarter, 2 dimes, 9 pennies, a amusement park token and a button. $3.54. (Biggest find yet!!!) Once we got to the second park we found nothing else. I guess you never know where you'll find treasure.

2 comments:

Mary and Bob said...

Those were some big fish you caught tonight hun!

Maybe we can fish and metal detect tomorrow? :o)

..teacup.. said...

Awesome posts. Thanks for keeping your chronicles here. I can't tell ya how much I love readin' 'em.

..teacup..