CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, July 6, 2007

For richer or poorer

This morning Mary had sent me a link to a metal detecting forums:



We met for lunch together and she highlighted the best finds from other metal detectors. Now, up until this point, I was really happy to be finding rusty nails, but now I hear stories of people finding gold coins, silver cups and police bullet proof vests in the ground!!!!

Mary has also been sending me lots of links for used metal detectors. She thinks if we had a second detector with depth guage we could find things easier.

After work I took her to Dan's Dive Shop to look at their detectors. I never realized how much of a celebrity she is in 'underwater diving circles'. The owners, Mat and Dan were super nice and they came extremely close to making a sale.

Tonight after dinner Mary wanted to go back to the beach to look for coins. I wanted to find more rusty nails.
One of us came up empty handed.... and this time it was me!
I only find one rusty nail, a couple dozen beer cap and various shards of glass on the beach. (No pictures. I just threw them staight into the garbage)

Mary on the other hand found 37cents and part of a cheap necklace. This is the most money we have ever found. I don't think I'll be bragging in the metal detecting forums. But if we do get a second detector maybe we could discover better finds.


1 comments:

Mary and Bob said...

Mary's doing a boogie dance that you are considering another detector. heehee!