CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 30, 2007

The mission

Our first assignment and I am so excited!!!

Our friend Wendy's sister had lost her silver necklace when she was a child in her mother's backyard. Tonight we planned to meet with them and our metal detector. As we drove up there was quite a crowd awaiting curbside to watch us pull out our sleek metal detector. They chatted and followed us around the yard looking over our shoulders at the numbers on the display.
I was detecting and Mary was digging.
I wanted to be cautious to not to instruct her to dig too many holes as their mother watched us with great anticipation.
But I was having problems.
The readings just weren't happening.
I checked the knobs and road the threshold hum listening to each blip and crackle.
Re-checking the metal types and purity of the signals I was finding.
I was discovering nothing but iron, low foil and scattered metal readings.
I checked the machine with a fire hydrant - Yep! That had a strong,true signal.
Aluminum ladder - Wow! Aluminum is '94' on the detector scale.
Old lawnmower - had a good signal too.
Why could I not find anything else?

I only have had a couple hits on the whole property (I strayed onto the neighbours property too).

I wanted to do well.
I wanted to be a hero.
I wanted to accomplish this mission and prove that Mary and I are worthy metal detectors.

Besides clipping of metal sideing, the picture below is all we found.

4 comments:

Mary and Bob said...

Baby, you are my hero!!!!!
You never have to prove that to me. I already know!! YOU SAVED ME! I LOVE YOU!

Wezzie said...

Hi Bob & Mary,

Don't be discouraged for not finding the necklace. It's been lost for 20 yrs, it's not an easy mission but, don't give up! Hopefully, you can get back there to try again? Wishing you the bestest of luck!

Wezzie

..teacup.. said...

Sorry it didn't surface. There is always another day.

Ever thought about scanning under the Comfort Maple? Wonder how much good news was given under that three so many years ago. Marriage proposals? Expecting a child? Could be some neat stuff there..

Mary and Bob said...

Hey Wezzie!! :o) Nice to see you here! He pretty well scanned the whole area that he could. Now, mind you, there were some beeps he didn't dig up because the numbers were all over the place... should he have dug those up?

Teacup!! :o) I actually asked him about that the other day, Comfort Maple, but I'm not quite sure if you'd be allowed to go in there and dig around.