CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 12, 2007

New Camera

Earlier this week we made the trip to Best Buy to get a new camera. The camera I purchased was a 'Canon SD800IS' (pictured left) which is the same size and shape as my old 'Canon S400' (pictured right) Notice the size difference of the displays. The old one is about 1" across while the new camera is 2 1/2" (most of the back of the camera)

I had researched dozens of cameras at work and knew I wanted this one for 3 reasons:

1: Easily fits in my pocket. Photo opportunities happen fast and at anytime. A small camera I can keep in my pocket beside my wallet and there is no assembly required to get the camera set-up. I'm afraid my life has been reduced to point-and-click


2: ISO1600. This means the camera can take a picture faster and with less light. With the added image stablization I can take better photos inside with less blurring. (the picture above was taken on the highway by Mary as I was driving 100km/h. The MacKay transport truck is doing 100km/h the other direction. That is a 200km/h difference and the truck looks like it is stopped!!!!

3: Shutter speed can be slowed down to 15 seconds. Which gives my the ability to do cool night photos (pictured right is a photo from my back porch last night).



So I am very happy with the new camera!!! I carry it with me whenever I go outside just incase.

We are still looking for another metal detector to help us find less rusty nails and more valuable metals.

1 comments:

Mary and Bob said...

I love your new camera!! That would of been cool if we could of got lightening photo's over the lake last night.

I so hope we can get the detector by this weekend. I'm so excited about it!