CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, July 14, 2007

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!

After watching the 6 o'clock news, the rain had stopped. Mary said we could detect anywhere I wanted. So I said I wanted to start at St. Denis School at the corner Lake and Carlton. I have driven past there and seen the pea-gravel under the playground equipment and thought that would be a great place to look. Apparently someone else thought this was a great place to detect as well. The playground was stripped of all metal and the field was litter with holes unreplaced divots. (So don't go there! It's not worth it!)


I named another school I wanted to check out. Mary had never heard of it before and was unsure where we were going. She was reluctant when we saw a couple of boys playing basketball in the playground. But I assured her that everything would be fine.
Her arm was sore from swinging the detector earlier in the forest so I grabbed the controls. This was my first opportunity to spend quality time behind Mary's new machine. My controls were a little off but thankfully this one had knobs to tweak. Soon I was on a hot streak of finding pennies left, right and center. (I guess I could have picked a better coin that I had a natural ability to find but I wasn't complaining). I could find pennies like no other person could find them before. Mary was more than happy to dig up my pennies.
But than I got greedy and tried to be able to find nickels as well. This was very bad at doing. Mary had to dig up dozens of pop pull tabs and pudding lids before I figured out which readings (that might have been nickels) were definitely not money.

But still we did amazing!!! We found 28 coins in total: 1 loonie, 2 quarters, 2 dimes, a nickel and 22 pennies making a grand total of $1.97!!!! (Almost broke the $2 mark)

I have started a mason jar for all the coins that we have found. It now contains a grand total of
$4.65!!!

Mary wants to go out again tomorrow. I had better get a good night sleep tonight. I think I'll put the jar of coins under my pillow to give me good dreams. Mary says she wants to curl up under the blankets with her metal detector (... hopefully that still means me)

6 comments:

Mary and Bob said...

Okay, that was the best day so far!! Can we beat it tomorrow? ;o)

Betsorama said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Betsorama said...

What's a loonie?

Mary and Bob said...

A Loonie is a $1.00 Canadian Coin. :o)

Betsorama said...

Wow!! You're rich!

Mary and Bob said...

$1.00 not $100.00 you silly Betsy! lol