CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 15, 2007

The legend of the ring.

Mary's mom had heard on the radio, a long time ago, that someone had lost their engagement band is a public school park. Mary's mom went there with her metal detector and sure enough she found a ring. She called the owner but when she described the ring discovered that it wasn't the one they were looking for.

Mary wants a ring. She wants one bad.

Don't get me wrong she is ecstatic with the engagement ring that I gave her. But her metal detecting goal... the thing she wants to find more than anything else is a gold ring (Hopefully one with diamonds.) I wanted to find a dinky-car but since I already found one earlier in the day I guess need to get a new objective.

After dinner we started out in the park across the street from us. Mary was on the detector and was unsure what the readings meant. I gave her my all the knowledge I had acquired so far. But she wanted a ring. So for all the foil and pull tab readings that "might" be rings she made me dig. I like digging so we make a good team.

We did poorly except for a cheap frog ring but we didn't even slow down to celebrate it's find.
The rain from the north scared us out with a huge downpour. (the new metal detector and pin-pointer are not waterproof) We got into the car (Yes, we drove the car to get to the park across the street) and headed south to...


THE LEGENDARY RING PARK


When we got there there was a couple of people gathering for a baseball game. The playground looked excellent to detect in so we got started. Mary instructing me to dig at remotely possible ring hits and it payed off.

She located a heart charm, heart ring, metal bead and a pewter necklace pendant. She also came through on the cold hard cash. 1 loonie, 2 quarters, 1 dime, 4 nickels, and nine pennies. equalling $1.89 giving the mason jar a total or $8.11.

The baseball game got into full swing as more people arrived and I realized that Mary, I and my car could quite easily get hit by a baseball. We decided to call it an early night.

6 comments:

Mary and Bob said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary and Bob said...

That heart ring we found actually has GP pressed into it, maybe it was gold-plated at one time.

I WANT TO GO OUT AGAIN!!!

Work's going to get in the way. (CRY)

LOL

Hopefully we can go out after work some time. :o)

..teacup.. said...

COOL COOL COOL! I'm happy for you that you finally found some more 'bling'!

I really really wanna tag along and be a volunteer digger!

..teacup..

PS: You gotta go out more. The blog isn't filling up fast enough! =)

Karyn said...

What a haul! Awesome!

mommymcp said...

Is that a 'frog' ring? Enquiring minds want to know!! Cause I know you have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find the handsome prince. So it would appear that you've reversed the addage.

Mary and Bob said...

MommyMCP: Yes indeedy, it is a frog ring. (GIGGLE)