CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 19, 2007

When the wrong spot for finding money turns right


I still want a coin from the 1800's.
I spent the day at work dreaming up places where we might find it.
I came up with a plan.
A brilliant plan that would hopefully get me the coin.
When I got home from work I told Mary and she agreed. But the weather forecast showed a big storm was coming towards us. We decided to go down to Michigan side of Port Dalhousie to try to take pictures of the storm over the lake. We took the detector out to scan the area with a plastic bag over the controls to keep them dry . The rain came but the lightning and cool clouds did not. We also didn't find anything with the detector. We realized driving east to my planned destination would only follow the storm. We decided to kill some time while the storm passed. Mary suggested we go to Port Dalhousie beach.

I have never wanted to scan Port Dalhousie beach.
Everyone metal detects there.
There is no chance of finding anything.
But we went anyways, with just the intention of watching the storm and seeing if I could still get a great storm photo.
I had the detector and decided to go for the obscure hits - the foil, pull tab and bottle caps readings that I normally try to avoid. I figure we are on sand, it is easy digging, and Mary was willing to dig up anything.
So I sent her on some wild goose chases to find junk metal. But to my surprise, she wasn't pulling up junk at all.
We located 5 quarters, 3 dimes, 4 nickels, 9 pennies and a foil ring.
This makes we wonder about all the possible treasures that I passed by in previous weeks because I didn't want to get my hands dirty. Just because the machine that tells you it's garbage, doesn't always mean that it is.

This added another $1.89 to the mason jar (a tie for second place for value of money found. The most silver found yet!!!) We have $10.68!!!!!

1 comments:

Mary and Bob said...

That was so cool watching those clouds over Lake Ontario. Bummer the thunderstorm didn't come. Had lots of fun detecting tonight. I can hardly wait to get out there again.